RE: small repair question

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: small repair question
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:47:50 -0400
Mark
        That's the oil pressure line.   Without it you will pump oil out the
nipple on the engine.  You need to remove the nipple and install a plug.
        I don't know what kind of plastic it is but it's pretty tough stuff.
It has to withstand engine temperature and the oil pressure, which can be
over 100 psi.   The Rootes Parts List calls out "Nylon pipe".
        I went to a hydraulic line supplier with a part of my oil line and
they practically gave me a piece of tubing that has work fine for the past
15 years.   You maybe able to purchase oil pressure gage tubing from your
local auto store or check online.   If you know someone who bought an oil
pressure gage recently they may have enough tubing left over.
        To install this tubing on the engine nipple I had to put the end of
the tube into boiling water and then force it over the nipple.   I'm sure I
did that off the engine.   Sorry, I have forgotten what the gage end looks
like and how it attaches the tube to the gage.

Ron Fraser