Re: small repair question

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: small repair question
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:10:32 EDT
It sound like you don't have the stock block fitting.
The Cat line has a flair type fitting with a nut on
both ends.  My car doesn't have a barbed fitting.

If you have small hands like me, you can reach up
behind the dash and undo the fitting.  Strong fingers
are required.  Also be sure and undo the battery
negative.

If you can't get the nut free, undo the gauge mounting
bracket.  Be sure and note where any ground wires
that may be attached to the mounting nuts.  Push
the gauge out front and then remove the line.

Route the new line in and attach tightly to the gauge.
Replace the instrument bulb.

Reinstall the gauge, mounting bracket, and any wire.

I ran the new line along the edge of the left valve
cover (I have LAT 2 covers).  I still had the stock small
clamp that is attached to the left front valve cover bolt
and holds the line.  I looped the line between the oil
filter basket and mounting piece.  It helps to have the
oil filter out.  From there its a straight shot to the
fitting below.

Dave Johnson