shifter ring

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: shifter ring
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 08:20:47 -0400
My shifter ring is the standard round chrome finish that is found on the
'64 Falcon Sprint V8 four speed and '63 Shelby Cobra 289. Reading about
others who have a vinyl coated ring is interesting.My suspicion of the
cars that only have the vinyl(or rubber) under the ring is that it's a
remnant of the shifter boot that tore off at some point.

These rings used to be (and might still be) available from Ford
aftermarket suppliers like California Mustang, Mustang Unlimited or Tony
Branda (even though the early Mustang shifter rings were rectangular).

I should mention that I've traced the history of my car back to 1971.

Rande  Bellman
B382000048LRXFE