Shifter Ring

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Shifter Ring
From: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:40:52 -0400
Hello All:
When I bought my Tiger new in 1966, it came with the shifter ring coated with
a black plastic material.  As my car aged, the black plastic started to
deteriorate
and peel away, revealing the chrome ring underneath.  At some point, I simply
removed the rest of the plastic and left the chrome ring in place.  I would
guess
that the same scenario was played out in most Tigers, except for the few that
have been treated very kindly by the stresses of time and wear, such as the
Utah car.  If you get a chance to look at some of the original magazine tests
from '64 or '65, it's easy to spot the black ring in the photos.
Regards,
Tod
B382002384LRXFE