RE: "Original Rivets" Thread - $.02 (correcting error)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: "Original Rivets" Thread - $.02 (correcting error)
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:02:29 -0700
    My apology for the mis-information I set forth regarding the rivets and
VIN#'s as listed in the Book of Norman. To be quite honest it is causing me
serious concern to be 45 years old and exibiting mental deficiencies of an 80
year old in poor health. With much enthusiasm to find an answer to a question
that has nagged me for three and a half years now, I hastily looked through
TBON only focusing on pictures with rivets before setting out to work today.
How I missed the 948# in the VIN on page 49 beats me. I noticed the 948# on
page 48 and thus, deliberately didn't comment on it. Worst yet I complete
missed the fact that the whole chapter is called "African Violets." I guess I
just couldn't see the VIN #'s for the rivets!
   I also error on the VIN B382000081 on page 11 of TBON. Being that I am so
used to my seven digit B947# I mis-took the number "one" for the letter "I" in
my haste. Not that that explains anything because there would be no reason for
a letter"I."
  So, my apology if I offended anyone or confounded them with my errors.
Though I am still very curious about my rivets, I'm getting the feeling that
the answer to my question might not want to be presented to the general
public. Thus, my inquiry is withdrawn.

Thank you for your patience with me, Tom Witt