Re: heater hose adaptors

To: itswonderful@attbi.com
Subject: Re: heater hose adaptors
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:54:40 EDT
Frank,
An insert fitting is a fitting that is barbed, a hose is slipped over it and
then clamped.  Normally it is used in water supply systems.  The fittings
generally come in plastic (gray in color), plastic (whitish in color),
stainless
steel, galvanized and brass.

Available are male adapters, female adapters, couplings, etc..you  would want
a reducer coupling.  I have seen brass ones at Home Depot but I doubt that
they will have what you want because they might only stock common sizes and 5/8
x 1/2 isn't common.  You might find one in galvanized or stainless at a mobile
home parts supplier.  Insert fittings are used extensively in mobile home
construction.
Mark L.