Re: Brake boosters/dual master desirability

To: VegasLegal@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake boosters/dual master desirability
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:05:17 EDT
Personally I would add a roll bar as a safety improvement.  TE/AE
lists that as a major change to stock.  While you can enter stock
with as many major changes as you want, the judges will reclass
you after 4 to 5 changes.

I have never seen concurs judging come down to just the absence
of a brake booster or presence of a different master cylinder.

TE/AE defines stock as a vehicle produced on the Rootes assembly
line with the intention to export it to the US and sell it through dealer.
This excludes the Lemans Tigers, Targa Florio Tiger, factory race cars,
etc as they were never built with the intention to be sold at a dealership.
Most of these were built by the Rootes Competition Department.
Of course this rule is not etched in granite.  There is the issue of South
African Tigers, Cars raced and then rebuilt as street cars, etc.

As to the gas tank and fuel line locations, as vulnerable as they may seem,
I have read very few reports of rear end hits that caused a fire.  Uncle
Wally's
MK IA was hit in the rear so hard that the engine mounts broke.  No leakage.
Beside I like to tell people that the sheet of flame you see in your mirror
is
your rear end collision indicator.  That muffled explosion and fire behind
the
passenger seat is the fuel pump leak detector.

Dave Johnson lost in Decatur IL