Re: A question of colors...

To: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: A question of colors...
From: jumpinjan <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:15:47 -0700
Paul,
        We need specific info on what car/year you have. If it's an Alpine, all
the early series I&II had body color, series 3-V were Rootes paint code
#8 Foam Gray. I believe the early Tigers (I think) were also Foam Gray
and the MK-IIs were silver. The wheels were first painted a gloss black
and then only the wheel face was painted Foam gray. As for the rest of
the parts, if they were originally black then they should be painted a
"low" gloss black and not the high gloss urethanes. So the jack & jack
handle should be gloss black.
PS, I have master paint chips of all the Rootes colors, including Foam
gray. $18 each, which includes shipping.
Jan Servaites