Re: A question of colors...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A question of colors...
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:07:32 -0400
There was a slight variation on the norm on B382000975 (black car).  While the
engine bay and the trunk matched the car, and the jack and the handle appeared
more of a satin black than a gloss black, the spare wheel was different.  The
spare appeared to have never been down.  The front was not the grey that is
regularly referred to, but rather, also gloss black.  It was chipped
sufficiently, nonetheless, to show that the grey was painted over an original
black and then repainted black again.  Since the spare is original, I believe
it likely that this car was delivered with yet another coat of black over the
grey.  Perhaps it was because the car itself was black, and the contrast of the
grey at the edges was too much for Sunbeam; I don't know.  Still, I suspect
that the black cars were reshot black at the wheels.  As the car has pie mags,
I don't have any reference to the original wheels installed on the car.
Bob Nersesian