RE: Oil Filter Adapter O-Ring

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Adapter O-Ring
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:45:15 -0700
Tom,

I know this makes far too much common sense to possibly be true, but is it
just possible that the same O-ring used in the filter also fits the adapter?
As for your frustration with the lousy level of service, I share your
frustration. I suppose at least part of the explanation is that, by
definition, half the population have IQ's less than 100 and, as we move more
toward a service oriented work force (know officially as "McJobs") this
demographic segment is moving from the manufacturing sector and into jobs
like selling parts for Ford. Of course, it's equally likely that it's less a
function of intelligence and more the fact that, for various reasons,
service people just don't give a crap anymore.

Bob Palmer
rpalmer@ucsd.edu
robertpalmer@paulhastings.com
rpalmerbob@adelphia.net