RE: Oil Filter Adapter O-Ring

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Adapter O-Ring
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:10:29 -0700
Tom,  I have a brand new Ford Racing adaptor in my hand and it has a
square cut groove but the O-ring itself is round.  The O-ring is
slightly smaller in diameter than the cut groove width but the O-ring is
glued into the groove by some goop that kind of looks like heavy grease
with the color of dried 3M weather-strip cement.

Incidentally, speaking of Murphy, etc.  When my adaptor arrived it came
without the fixing bolt.  DOH!  Fortunately Summit was very efficient in
resolving the matter and I got my missing bolt a couple of days later.

Frank