Re: the fun never ends...snapped lug bolt...

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the fun never ends...snapped lug bolt...
From: GSTROM99@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:45:51 EDT
I have not done this on my Alpine, but replacing a stripped/busted lug bolt
is pretty straight forward (assuming it is a press-in application, and not a
screw-in style).  You should take the drum off and knock out the stud.  Once
you
have the proper replacement, position it in the hole and use a spare lug nut
(backwards, with a washer or two) to pull it in.  An air impact wrench makes
this a lot easier.  This procedure has always worked for me.

The proper/book way, would be to pull the hub and take it to a machine shop
with a press, but we all how fun it is getting these hubs off...

Gary Strom