RE: the fun never ends...snapped lug bolt...

To: rpalmer@ucsd.edu, alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: the fun never ends...snapped lug bolt...
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:39:41 -0400
Bob,
Using my "gorilla" strength...I tore it off with my bare hands!

I was looking at my rear suspension and noticed one of the brake wheel
cylinders loose because the clip wasn't in position so I thought it would be
time for a good inspection of the brakes. When I went to put the wheels back
on I hand-tighten the lugs as far as I could and one came off...

My goal at this point is just to replace the one stud without drilling
holes. I only have a couple months left of nice Michigan weather so I want
to do some more driving and less working. I have only had the car for 1000
miles and I am being hit with all sort of little setbacks.

This winter I plan on looking at the brakes and thinking of upgrading both
front and back brakes...Wilwood? Other manufacturers? Rear Disk?...so at
that time I will address going to a larger diameter bolt.

Also has anyone converted their car to 5 lugs?

Paul