looking for some advice

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: looking for some advice
From: "Almjeld, Paul" <PaAlmjel@dwu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:06:38 -0500
Hi all:  I recently bought an Alpine/Tiger clone.  '64 Alpine body with Tiger
II front axle and steering assembly, Tiger II drive train with 2.88 rear axle.
The engine is a 302 with a 2 barrel carb. The tranny is a Ford C4 automatic.
I expected to get decent performance coupled with gas mileage in the 18-20 mpg
range.  The performance is just fine.  The mileage is more like 10-11 mpg
while cruising at 65 mph on Interstate 90.

Good plugs, plug wires, Pertronix ignition, timing is correct.  No difference
in mileage whether I use 87 octane or 91 octane.

ideas?    Thanks!

Dr. Paul Almjeld
Professor of Music
Dakota Wesleyan University