Re: Still have oil/water problems

To: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Still have oil/water problems
From: Jay Peterson <sfm081@rain.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:00:52 -0800
Thanks Roland for the start up tips and thanks to all of the other
people who responded with leads for a cover. Unfortunately, none of the
leads turned up the needed part (2 3/8" thick) so I took the cover to a
welder friend (I'm OK on ferrous materials, but have not tried Aluminum)
who welded it up for me. I'll leak check it tomm and hopefully be
breaking the engine in on Fri. Thanks again to all that responded and I
now know more about timing covers than I ever thought I wanted to know.
Jay Peterson
PS I'd still like a backup cover if anyone finds one they do not need.