List Post Filter

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: List Post Filter
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:42:34 -0800
Note: This was previously sent, but apparently rejected as the "bad word
monster" did not like
such an exact quotation of the "unacceptable language"

So it was "edited" to avoid the censor.  Hope this doesn't end up being
a duplication

I suppose many have noticed their postings have been "annotated" by a
signature text looking something like this:

+++   Ed+t your replies!

This is a new feature, apparently, of our List. It is to remind us to
edit our replies so they do not become endless chains of repeated
information.  This is a GREAT idea, and only fitting and proper
housekeeping.

There is an apparently new "corollary rule" that is rejecting postings
that do NOT do this!!  How do they know?  The above addition should have
been edited out of any reply to the list.  If it is there, the clean-up
was obviously not done.  Neat and simple.  Unfortunately, the rule was
not stated.  Thanks to Theo, who got bitten by a bounce for this, I now
know.

It is only fair to pass this along, so the rest of the list can abide by
the new rules, and not get their postings bounced.

Now, I wonder what the next unannounced improvement might be?  { 9 - )

Steve

--
-----

Steve Laifman