Re: Tiger Mk II

To: bob josten <bobjosten@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Mk II
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:56:16 -0700
I sent a comment to the List earlier but I was careless and it got
eaten... I know nothing about this particular car (it's about 3000 miles
from my location) but to me, it comes across as much less of a pretender
than some of the recent eBay listings. Sure, it's got some weird body
parts and non-original accessories - but hey, it's 37 years old, and
(according to the description) it was stashed away long before there
ever was any kind of serious restoration interest in Tigers. At least
there are no pretensions as to the value of  the car in its current
state, and the description seems to be intended to reflect the actual
state of the car, not the seller's hyperbole of what it could be.

Best regards,
Theo