water pump puzzler

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: water pump puzzler
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 07:49:08 -0400
While we were installing the F4B I found that
the water pump outlet that is connected by a very very short 90 deg
hose to the Thermostat Housing's small inlet connection to bypass the
thermostat is blocked. By that I meant not accidentally but in
placing a screwdriver down outlet in the water pump you hit metal.
It's like it was never opened up. The hose was connected but..... We
also found NO thermostat in the water outlet housing. Could the P.O.
have blocked the bypass since he wasn't using a thermostat? Did he do
this because he had overheating problems? The heater is not connected in
my Tiger (no need for it so I haven't bothered to re-connect it). Also I
haven't had any overheating problems in 2 years of summer driving.
Puzzling?
What gives here? Any ideas? Sorry for the poor explanation but it had us

scratching our heads yesterday.

Jim