RE: water pump puzzler

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water pump puzzler
From: "Jen/Scott" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:49:04 -0700
Could someone explain how the thermostat makes the engine cool better? I
just added one to mine and it seems to never open, since I cannot see
any water passing through my gano filter even after a 10 min drive. Temp
on the aftermarket gauge says 190 with my 180 thermostat. It seems as
though the gauge is reading higher than normal now, but the engine feels
just as hot and so is the radiator.

I presume why it is reading warmer now with the thermo is because the
water is not rushing by the temp probe, and that is also why it should
make the engine run cooler because the water spends more time in the
radiator so it has a better chance to cool it. It this correct?

Any ideas on why my thermo does not seem to work? It is brand new....

Thanks

Scott