RE: last query before the plunge

To: "'Brad Huff'" <huffb@avalon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: last query before the plunge
From: "Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 11:56:11 -0400
Brad
        You have found the crux of the problem.   To change the appearance
of the wheels and tires or not to change.

        I have stayed with the stock wheels and near stock size tires.  I
like to keep my Tiger set up for touring.   I have driven my Tiger on the
race track, but I had a second set of stock wheels with Yokohoma tires just
for that purpose.

        The last time I bought tires I found some H rated Bridgestone
Potenzas.   I prefer H rated tires only because you can carve a corner a bit
harder and still get a smooth, quiet ride from them.   There are still a few
tire manufactures that make an H rated 13" tire, but they will probably be
gone the next time I need tires.

        I would suggest you buy T or H rated tires, whichever is available
to you and fits your budget.   My next suggestion is sit down, start the
engine and enjoy the ride.   Oh, one more thing, check the tire pressures
before you go anywhere.   I once thought I bought a terrible set of tire
only to find the 2 of the tires had 45 psi in them, which made for some
really squirrelly driving until corrected.

Ron Fraser