RE: Wheel Shake

To: "'Jen/Scott'" <jsloan798@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Wheel Shake
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:08:37 -0600
Tigers have 4 on 4 1/4"  wheel lug spacing, which is common to many cars in
the older Ford lineup - the Mustang II, Pinto, and Capri all used the same
bolt pattern, and the back spacing of their OEM wheels is compatible with
the Tiger fenders and suspension. These cars came with a variety of plain
and styled steel wheels, as well as aluminum wheels, and any of those would
probably give a better ride than the wire wheels you've got.

On my Tiger the LAT-70 wheels have lug holes that are significantly (1/16"
or so?) larger than the shank-style lug nuts, and this means that I have to
center the wheels on the hubs by first threading on some taper-seat lug
nuts, then replacing the nuts one by one with the shank-style nuts and
torquing them down. The better answer for this would be to get hub-centric
spacers machined up, and/or to find properly-fitting lug nuts.

Best regards,
Theo