Folding Down A Convertible Top

To: tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Folding Down A Convertible Top
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:47:16 -0400
Gang,
I want to install a new vinyl soft top boot on my Mk1a Tiger. And I  can't
seem to get my convertible top to go down as far as the manual shows, it
seems to bind up in the corners and isn't low enough. Is there a trick I am
missing?

There are no studs on my car to fasten the boot to in the rear, so I could
put them where ever I want ( and not stretch the boot as far back) however I
really want get everything positioned properly. Also I don't want this to
become a hassle (or cause damage) everytime the top goes up or down.

Any words of wisedom would be appreciated.

Paul

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 3 months FREE!