RE: 260 vs 289 in the LeMans cars

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 260 vs 289 in the LeMans cars
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
There are a number of good business explanations as to why the
production Tiger launched w/ the 260. I think the more pressing
question to answer (and what I think started this thread) is why Shelby
supplied the 260 and not the 289 for the LeMans cars. I haven't heard a
solid rationale for that one yet, unless someone confirmed that the
rulebook mandated a production based block. I don't think that is so,
but I could be wrong on that point.

Stephen Waybright