oil filter woes

To: "Tiger List \(E-mail\)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oil filter woes
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:05:33 -0500
A while back we installed a set of headers I purchased from Rick at SS.  My
mechanic rigged a remote oil filter that fit up in the left front wheel
well.  I wasn't thrilled with this arrangement, but it seemed to work.
Well, the hoses are routed under the steering, and the u-joint has been
rubbing against one of the hoses.  I just don't see any way to keep the
hoses far enough away to prevent further rubbing and ultimately, failure.

What are some alternatives that actually work?  I don't have the stock
set-up.  Suppliers and photos of installations would really be appreciated.
I want to attend the British car show in Houston in two weeks, so I need to
fix this ASAP.

Thanks.

Jim Pickard
Lafayette, LA