Re: oil filter woes

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>,
Subject: Re: oil filter woes
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:57:37 -0700
My Tiger has headers, from where I have no idea.
The previous owner located the filter in the wheel well behind the head
light.
I reworked the hoses and fittings because I did not like the way they were
done.
The hoses are routed thru two large holes in the side of the engine
compartment.
The holes are just underneath the lip and just forward of the Radiator
"expansion tank"

The adapter to the engine block was purchased from Dale Akusewski. It is the
only adapter other than stock that would clear my headers.  It is a high
quality piece.
I used Earl's SS braided line and AN type flared fittings.
The bottom line off the block adapter uses a straight fitting, the top line
uses a 45 degree bend toward the center of the car.  Both hoses run forward
and toward the center of the car, then they loop over front steering
U-joint. They then travel up the side of the engine compartment in front of
the expansion tank and go thru the holes to the filter.'
I used two of Earls tubing clamps to control hoses.  These clamps have two
holes to hold the hose and a bolt to pinch the two halves together.
By getting the length of the hose just right and the clamps positioned
carefully, the hoses don't hit anything.
Tomorrow I can try to shoot some digital pics and email them to you.

Erich