Re: 5.0 HO

To: Tony Someone <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: 5.0 HO
From: sosnaenergyconsulting <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:24:26 -0800
Hi Tony:
Welcome!
Holley makes an aftermarket fuel injection system called pro-jection.
It's different than the stock Ford EFI which is multiport.  The
Pro-Jection has a throttle body with (2) or (4) injectors that replaces
the carburetor and uses your carbureted (wet) intake manifold.  Some
have likened it to an electronic carburetor--they may be right; To me
the pro-jection system fits under the stock hood, offers the look of a
carbureted system with some of the benefits of EFI--presumably, among
others, the ability to go from sea level up to, say,  a 5,000 foot
mountain with automatic compensation for the air-fuel ratio (as opposed
to stopping along the way to swap jets in a carb [or NOT swapping the
jets which is why my carbureted pickup truck runs like cr*p every year
when I go backpacking :-)] ).  On the downside, I gather the Pro-Jection
is a speed-density (as opposed to Ford's EFI Mass-Air) system that
"doesn't allow as much flexibility in tuning" as the Mass-Air system.  I
don't know what the difference in tunability equates to--perhaps someone
out there could quantify it for me?
I haven't used the Pro-Jection system myself, but if you go that route,
I'd appreciate it if you'd take pictures along the way, and perhaps
write up an article for the Tigers United website detailing your
experiences--both good and bad.
One thing I've found with this list--there's an almost frightening
amount of brain-power out there.  If you've got a question about these
cars, the guys out there can answer it!

Best Regards

David Sosna