Re: 5.0 HO

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Stephen Waybright" <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 5.0 HO
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:25:21 -0600
S-It isnst an alpine it is an alger- just not completed. I have the firewall
and trany tunnel installed etc and almost all the body work complete, its
almost ready to paint. I just wanted to use the HO engine I happen to have.
I was also told the gt40p heads wont work and I hate to hear that as I
bought a set a year or so ago- to my specs and I had places a set of stock
Tiger exhaust manifolds on the heads and was concerned then about installing
the plugs. . Maybe I can reowrk an old set of headers and get the plugs in-
I dont know what plug the heads require to make things more complicated.
Thanks for the input..
And to answer the question about what I plan on using it for- a daily driver
I can run the heck out of and not be as concerned Im tearing up my real
Tiger. They out this engine and 5 speeds in old Mustangs- it has to work in
a Tiger(Alger) and maybe the automatic OD, so I can install Dale A's 5 speed
conversion in my real Cat. I know I will have hurdels with the 6 bolt
bellhousing(thus the in line throw out bearing. NOW the heads I bought Im
told wont fit BUT with luc and a bit of work, maybe I can persuade things to
worl out and with help form the rest of the Tiger family.