What did you do on your Tiger today?

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What did you do on your Tiger today?
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:57:19 -0800
I am off work all this week. So I thought this would be a perfect time to do
all the work that I discovered over the past summer of DRIVING.

The big plan for B3822449's winter nap includes:

Full brake system rebuild
Full front suspension rebuild including new pivot shafts
Check out the crossmember and reinforce as appropriate.
New clutch
Pull Trans and swap in wide ratio gears.

Today I tore the front brakes, suspension and cross member out of the car.
Tomorrow it will be engine and trans.

I found one horrible surprise from the DPO (dreaded previous owner).

Passenger side connection between brake hard line and brake hose had NO
FLARE.

Thats right, no flare, NADA, none, zero, zip, zilch.

How it sealed and worked as well as it did, is a mystery to me.

You may remember how I was finding air in my front brakes on my trip to
Monterey in August.
A quick one or two pedal pump bleed, fixed the problem.  This missing flare
might have been the source of that.

Erich