Re: Tiger values

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com, achd73@yahoo.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tiger values
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:38:18 -0800 (PST)
I couldn't find the website to see what Classic Valley does and does
not consider a Muscle car, but I wonder if any mid/late 70's lumps with
less than 150hp pushing over 3500 lbs qualify. If so, I can't take
their opinion seriously.

It reminds me of when the editor of Car Collector Magazine objected to
calling anything but a pre-war coach built car, a "classic car".
Appearently there is some self-proclaimed authority organization of
what is and is not a classic car, and at issue, if I recall correctly,
was whether the MB 300SL gullwing should qualify. No 50's American car
was even considered a close call as being a "true" classic car, not the
T-bird or '53 Studebaker, not anything. Nothing but coach built pre-war
cars are true "Classic car" in their "ruling".

So no more "classic car" shows unless you have a bunch of guys pulling
out their Dussies and Delahayes, no Tigers or Cobras at Muscle car
shows and no more reindeer games for Rudolf!

- Stephen Waybright