Re: Brakes Update

To: Carmods@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brakes Update
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:52:41 -0500
Curt

I agree that the single brake hose detiorating on the inside
might be the problem.  But I don't think so, since you said
the brakes are still hung up after you opened the bleeders.
This effectively elimates everything but the wheel cylinder
or brake springs.  Like John Logan says, clean and rebuild
the wheel cylinders.  When installing, make sure the two
halves holding the wheel cylinder are installed correctly
and that the wheel cylinder can move in its slot.

You didn't mention if both wheels are frozen.  If the
wheel that has the bleeder is frozen and the other is not,
check the brake line running from the other wheel cylinder
bleeder to the frozen brake wheel cylinder.

Keep us posted as inquiring minds want to know.

Dave