Useless paranoia when I should just wait and see...

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Useless paranoia when I should just wait and see...
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:19:38 -0800
Hi listers,

I bolted down the carb tonight.  I'm running the Holley Street Avenger on an
Edelbrock F4B.  Boy does that carb appear to sit high!  I have the spacers
between the engine mounts and the block.  The carb is bolted directly to the
manifold (using a gasket of course) but no spacer.  It has been a looooong
time since I have had the hood on this car and it is still stowed in the
attic waiting for its coming out party.  I know the hoods are higher in the
middle than at the edges along the fenders and that they follow the line of
the cowl but the carb to hood clearance has me scared.  When I sight across
the tops of the fenders about 1/4" of the choke horn is visible above them.

Am I going to have a problem or is that the way it is?

Frank
B9471116