RE: Radiator cap pressure

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Radiator cap pressure
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:57:51 -0800
Steve,

I'm trying to gain all advantages to be had by later technology.  The only
thing left stock in my cooling system is the heater core itself and the
stock radiator end tanks.  Also as I mentioned I had stiffeners added in the
end tanks to help prevent bulging.  I also pressure tested the core
overnight in a bucket of water at 20PSI and had not loss of pressure or
noticeable bulging.

I already looked up all the references I could find on TU and the list
archives.  I did not feel my question was satisfactorily addressed there.  I
figured I'd ask what other have done.

I'm well aware of all the tips about cooling from TU, other Sunbeam web
pages, being on the list since day one (literally), etc.  I've incorporated
many of the suggestions at this point and plan to consider a few remaining
other later after I see how I do temperature-wise.

Frank
B9471116
Derale Fan
High efficiency radiator with integral filler ala Tom Hall and Rob Guerra
High flow back plate type water pump
Jet hot coated headers
Horn block off plates
Gano filter
Reproduction stock type fan shroud
Probably other stuff I'm forgetting

I've got the air dam too but I'm holding off in consideration of some
alternatives I have been mulling over.