RE: Questions

To: "'DAVID GREEN'" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Subject: RE: Questions
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 18:46:08 -0800
David,

Yes.  That is typical I believe.  I had problems at #2 (your #2 right side I
think) and #6 (#6 = your #2 left side I think).  Also I had to relieve the
down pipe on #1 to clear the frame rail, others have told me they relieved
the frame rail instead.  The problem with the bolts on the header flange is
also typical.

I also had interference between the collectors and the bellhousing flange
with the Lakewood scattershield.

I also had a small problem between one of the downpipes and the Aviaid road
racing oil pan.

I know there are others on the list who have had similar problems.  I've
also heard of (but not talked to)  people who claim they have had no
problems.

I think there is enough evidence of issues with these headers that you
should have been warned to test fit them first.

Frank
B9471116