Re: Fw: VIN Data Plate on eBay

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Fw: VIN Data Plate on eBay
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:56:14 -0800
Law doesn't care.  It is equally illegal in localities that have that
regulation (most).  No "old timers" clause.  Back in 1950's it was being
applied to Model A's.  However, at that time you could get away with
cutting of the chassis stamped number, and welding it on a hot rod of
any construction, as long as you had the registration and title to that
chassis, and all the street legal required equipment. Might need a
safety inspection at a certified headlight alignment, tail, brake, and
hi/low beam light function/alignment test, windshield (must have one),
windshield wiper, horn, and turn signals after 1951.

Steve