RE: carb problems

To: <Caseyh4312@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: carb problems
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:25:29 -0500
Joey
        You should clean and rebuild the carb since it has been sitting for
13 years.   The accelerator pump can be leaking for several reasons; Pump
gasket is split or deteriorated, the screws are loose or as in many cases
the screws were over tightened at some point and the cover plate is warped.
Always check the accelerator pump cover and the power valve cover for
flatness and do not over tighten the screws.

        The carb ID tag is triangular shaped piece of thin aluminum placed
under one of the screws of the carb top cover with ID# and build date code
stamped into it.   The ID # is also stamped into the casting of the carb
base flange, front left side.    You should see something like this;  C4DF
with 1 or 2 additional letters.

        The Tiger Shop Manuel is a copy of an early Ford Manuel.  The carb
shown is a pre-emissions carb and is different than the carbs used in 1964
and later.

Ron Fraser