Re: Paint Colors

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Paint Colors
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 19:55:06 EST
Hi Steve and Listers,

I trust  your evaluation of your own skills as a painter, and recommend you
take the  sample spray can to a professional automotive paint store, or
painter, and  have a sample card sprayed, as well as 1/2 a card sprayed to
allow the
blank  half to show the intended modern paint substitute.  I am sure the
original synthetic enamel is not something you would care to  use.

The Alpine looks great. What color is it?

I recently displayed my lack of painting skills when I attempted to shoot a
base coat/clear coat application of the Daytona Blue from the Nissan 350Z. I
love the color, but it looked awful after I got through with it.

What is a "paint card"? Also, I didn't understand your thoughts on the
half-card, modern paint substitute and the original enamel. If you're not too
busy, can you elaborate a little further.

Rodney