Fwd: New interior vs. the weather strip

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: New interior vs. the weather strip
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:30:18 EST
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Full-name: PhastPhill
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:29:52 EST
Subject: Re: New interior vs. the weather strip
To: PhastPhill@aol.com

Ok I thought about this somemore last night, I'll try to add a bit more.  One
thing I forgot to mention was that the vent window and the front window
channel also can be adjusted.This should fit evenly to the windshield, top to
bottom and not protrude way out. Problem is that on cars like the Tiger the
windshield is also movable, and it gets hard to pick what to align the door
to.I
don't have my tiger home yet it's still in Florida, hope to pick it up next
month, but about 2 or 3 years ago I helped Craig put all new channels seals etc
 in the doors of what is now my car.And yes I started with the striker off
and  went from there. The door is not that heavy you could support it with a
milk box  or something like that as well, extra hands always help.....along
with
real  small ones.If you just move one side of one hinge at a time the door
won't drop  and you may get a feel for what happens. You can usually see where
you started  from the marks on the paint. Often times on a car like a tiger you
have to give  a little here and take a little there to get a ok fit that
closes without  binding or having to slam the door. At least wind noise is not
big issue here.  good fit on seals is a door that will close on a dollar bill,
and then you can  pull the bill through but with drag. If you can't pull it at
all prob to tight,  no drag at all to loose. As for the window regulator I'm
trying to remember. You  may have to take the glass out. To do that may have to
drop or remove the bottom  stop, drop the glass a bit more, undo the screws
that hold the door to window  seal and take that off. Undo window and pull up
through door. I can't remember  if I had to take the vent window out to do that
I did take it out to put new  channel seals in. With the regulator just look
at it and think about how it  works befor taking it apart. Maybe some digi cam
shots or a short video clip. If  you are not in a big rush.....no flat rate
on Tigers....Maybe take both door  panels off so you can always refer to the
working one, just like doing a drum  brake job with about 6 springs
involved....ok I have to think a bit more, if  someone else can help here it
might get me
thinking better. Right now a bit at  loose ends.....not enough snow to
snowmobile at the cottage....to much mud to  ride my dirt bikes and my Tiger is
not
home yet, and to cold to drive the bug  eye. Oh well soon I'll have way to much
to  do....cheers