New interior vs. the weather strip

To: tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: New interior vs. the weather strip
From: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:36:17 -0800 (PST)
I am installing all new Martha Wheat interior, door
panels, and weather stipping from SS.  I have the GT
style side vent windows.  Now that I have everything
installed, the door wont close.  Seems like the
thickness of the weather stip at the from of the door
and the thickness of the newly covered door panel is
too much.  It is getting pinched at the front top of
the door.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Seems
like the easiest thing to do is cut away the offending
weather strip, but that just does not seem right.  Am
I missing something here?  I gotta get this thing
ready for British Car day at Chateau Elan, north of
Atlanta on May 7.

Thanks,

Chris

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250