Re: Barret-Jackson Auction this weekend

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Barret-Jackson Auction this weekend
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:28:11 -0800
Theo,
 Is it the term 'frame off restoration' being applied to a Tiger that raises
suspicion? You know...., like they don't get it that the Tiger doesn't have
a real frame so to speak and as such reveal their lack of integrity.  I
guess there is no universal term so may a offer "stripped to the unibody
restoration", or "bare unibody restoration" or something of the sort.
  On the other hand maybe they are refering to the fact that a loose lower
A-arm (from the broken fulcrim pin) and a torn loose, weld on traction bar
and panhard rod have been repaired. Hence the term 'frame off restoration.'
:-)
Tom Witt