Re: frame-off restoration and uni-bodies

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: frame-off restoration and uni-bodies
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:54:34 -0800 (PST)
I believe "rotisserie restoration" is a term that is a little more
accurate for uni-body cars, though sometimes a raised "body cart" can
do the same job.

The perceived "newness" of unibody construction is more of a statement
about the relative oldness of body-on-frame cars.

--- Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net> wrote:
since a unibody would theoretically not be "frame off" it would be in
the best interest if some who speaks with authority in the field would
coin an appropriate term that would catch on.

I also find it interesting that the unibody has been around since the
1930's (???), granted in smaller numbers. However, some still seem to
refer to it as if it was a new concept. I guess because the larger
American cars still used frames not too long ago.