Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: The Greens want YOU to take the train!
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:47:01 -0400
Steve,

I live in Fredericksburg, VA and work in DC.  I used to work in
Arliington, VA (just short of the Potomac River and DC).  I rode a
commuter train for about 10 years, and it was good for me as long as I
was working in Arlington because I could walk from the train station
to my office in 5 minutes.  When my office moved into DC, I continued
on the train one more stop, but then had to jump on either a bus or
the subway to get to the office.  My commute went from about 75
minutes one way to over 2 hours one way!  I now ride a vanpool that
drops me off right in front of my office and it only takes one hour to
get in, and about 70 minutes to get home.  The vanpool is also cheaper
to ride than the train, and much cheaper if you factor in the fare to
ride the bus/subway!

For the record:  I would never consider taking my Tiger in to work.

Keep on Tigering!

--
Jim Sencindiver
B382100451/TAC 448