RE: *%#! Dip Stick

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: *%#! Dip Stick
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 12:21:35 -0400
Jim
        Dip stick # 1224808 does not have a corresponding Ford part number.
The dip stick tube is C20Z-6754-A.   All the dip sticks I have laying around
have a Ford logo stamped into them but no part number.   The Rootes Parts
manual shows a dip stick with a right angle bend just after the cap.  This
does not necessarily mean that all Tigers used this style.   Rootes merely
copied Ford publications to have literature and service documentation
available and made few updates to reflect actual parts.   The dip stick on
my early Mk I is straight, no bend, but I have no idea if it is the original
part.

        The Tiger engine package is considered the 1964, 260 Fairlane
Special with a generator.   John's Mustang catalog lists a 64 1/2 dipstick
as C20Z-6750-B.  I have no idea if this is the correct part for the Tiger,
but it is a similar number to the dip stick tube.

Ron Fraser