Re: *%#! Dip Stick

To: <garywinblad@comcast.net>, "David or Gary" <wwwdg@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: *%#! Dip Stick
From: "FunbeamChuck" <FunbeamChuck@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 13:42:13 -0400
I, too, lost the cap off my chromed dip stick. Didn't want the
dust/dirt/road grime in there. As a temporary measure until I could find a
proper cap, I found a round grommet, just a little larger than the dip stick
tube, cut a hole in the middle so the dip stick would slide through it, got
it in the proper position, fastened it in position with a bit of wire, and
siliconed the hole shut. Has been doing a fine temporary service for about a
year, and, to my knowledge, no one has noticed.
All the Best,
FunbeamChuck