RE: Another Header question(s)

To: CALUMETAIR@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Another Header question(s)
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:13:20 -0400
Personally I would stay away from wraps.

My headers were wrapped and my car burned when oil ignited on something in
the engine compartment. The wrap was pretty charred in spots from the fire.
Can't say for certain the wrap caused it but the entire driver side exhaust
system was covered in oil and the fire started up around the wrap. Also it
wasn't the first time the wrap had gotten oil on it, so it may have been a
ticking timebomb.

I had a previous car with wrapped headers and the headers rusted away
prematurely.

I will be kissing up to my wife for a long time but I will be going with
some type of ceramic/heat coating...

Paul