Re: insulation

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: insulation
From: Carlo Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 06:56:36 -0400
Dynamat has a thin aluminized insulation which works pretty well - I
have it in my tiger both for heat and sound insulation on the fire
wall. Easy to install - has a 'tar-like' self adhesive back and molds
to any surface. However, If I ever had to drop my engine, I would use
it on the underside of the car (i.e. engine side) of the fire wall. I
think (at least theorectially) blocking the heat from ever going
across the firewall is better than after the fire wall.

Dynamat is available at crutchfield.com in various sheets.

Good luck!
Rob