Re: insulation

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>, Theo Smit
Subject: Re: insulation
From: stubrennan@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:09:32 +0000
You should not have to block your radiator in the winter to get heat.  If you
are running a working 190F thermostat as we have discussed here numerous times,
the coolant temperature will be about the same as it is in the summer (when not
stuck in traffic;-)) ).  The engine runs better at 190F than at 160F, where it
would be in the winter if you are running the summer thermostat  mentioned in
the old Sunbeam books.

I'm in Massachusetts and have driven my Tiger in below freezing weather (before
the snow and salt arrive) and the heater kept it fairly comfortable in the
cockpit.

Stu