Re: Tiger nuts and bolts...

To: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger nuts and bolts...
From: 65Tiger@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:56:26 +0000
Peter,
in California there a number of farm supply store chains.  The local one is
Orchards Supply and Hardware.  They carry a better selection than Home Depot
and 'almost' every bolt or washer on the Tiger can be had there in Grade 8.
The AN fine bolts are in one section, and the ANCorse are in a separate area.
The Grade 8s are in one area and the Grade 5 in another.  They went out of
their way to make it obvious what bolt grade and thread you were buying.  I
don't know why you need to 'stock up'?  Most of us simply buy a bolt when it
needs replacing.  I don't stock bolts for my Tiger, or any other car I've
owned.  Buy when needed.  I've found that all bolts are AN except those pesky
seat latch bolts (metric).  I'm probably going to get mail about some I don't
know about.  (the local hardware, esp farming hardware probably have any bolt
you want, and the speed shops sell chrome bolt dress up kits which give you a
big assortment)
Curtis