re: Grundy

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Grundy
From: Dan MacMedan <danmacmedan@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:02:13 -0800
I usually don't post on the list but I have to relate my experiences
with insurance.

I tried Hagerty and when I told them I had a Sunbeam Tiger MKII and I
wanted to insure it for $40k, the agent said that that was ridiculous
unless my car had won several awards at car shows or had some special
lineage. He said their computer has the value at $22k. When I pointed
out it was a MKII he didn't know what that was. When was the last
time you saw a MKII go for $22k???

My neighbor and another friend had JC Taylor, recommended them and
they insured it up to $30K without an appraisal.

I then had it appraised for a higher value and submitted it and now
it is insured at that value. They also need a picture of the car.

My neighbor had his 57 Bel Air stolen out of his driveway and they
paid it off within a few weeks. Zero hassle according to the neighbor.

Seems like everybody has a different opinion with insurance.

--
Dan MacMedan
Mark II - B382100160 LRXFE