FW: RE: Sparkplug Wires...

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: RE: Sparkplug Wires...
From: "Cliff Alexander" <mk1a@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:40:47 -0800
I'm resending this because I'm not sure it made it to the List, I apologize
if this is the second time.

Cliff Alexander
mk1a@earthlink.net

>       I recently installed a MSD ignition and a set of MSD 8.8mm wires with
the straight boot. I'm pretty disappointed with the wire set. First the
boots are so long that on #8 I had to shorten the part that goes over the
plug so I could fit it between the firewall and the plug to be able to get
it on the plug. And the boot and wire hit the firewall pretty hard.
>       I ordered a custom fit set for a 66 289 Mustang but the wires are so
long that I had to put loops in the wires to keep them from dangling on hot
engine parts. I'm sure the wires are good quality but I'm going to order a
universal set with 45' boot angle so I can cut them to the correct length.
>       The good news is that the engine fired right up after the ignition and
wire installation. It also seem to run smoother especially at idle.