chrome plating

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: chrome plating
From: "david hall" <dhhall@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:44:50 -0500
I am looking into plating some of the small chrome pieces for my Tiger.  Vern,
at Vern's Plating, requires the pieces to be disassembled prior to plating the
individual parts. Looking at the clamps for the soft and hard tops, and clamps
to close the hard top windows, they seem to be attached with "peened over"
type head.  I can drill out the end of the rod, but how to reassemble?  Any
reasonable solutions?  How have people dealt with this in the past?  Thanks,
DHH